Sunday, November 24, 2013

Where are You Going, Where have You Been?

Where are You Going, Where have you Been is a short story written by Joyce Carol Oates.  This book is one of the weirdest stories that I have ever read. I mean this story just scared me.  Arnold just marks a girl as his and then just shows up at Connie house when her family is not here and the facts that he knows make him seem like a stalker.  Just as you are reading the facts that he know the reader just gets a chill up there spine. You feel legitimately scared for this girl. I mean it was in a different time where you might just go to a girls house but you don't know things about where her family is and what they are doing right now.  Arnold just seems to me like he is a future serial killer.  The threats that he says to Connie to get her out of the house and into his car are very weird. His car just gives off bad vibes as well. Just the writing all over it that has random sayings from the time period. This whole story just gives me the creeps and when she grabs the phone and he keeps the promise to brake into the house if she touched the phone.  The treating her family finally gets her into the car. You just get the feeling that she wont be seeing her family any more. This story just scares me and what really scares me is that it could really happen but I mean this makes me think of a serial killer after you read it.

2 comments:

  1. is it worse or better if you think of the story as metaphorical?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be a little better but it is still a really weird metaphors if it was metaphorical.

    ReplyDelete